History Roundup 53 including a flatulent fuhrer March 29, 2014Author: Beach Combing | in : History Roundups , trackback
Today’s post on totalitarianism and urban legends: now for the history roundup:
1) Bonnie Prince Charlie: drunken wife-beater
2) Suffragettes: on and off the rails
3) Exhibition for lost Chinese civ: look out for science fiction…
4) More on Cats as Weapons: but can we trust NG?
5) Violet Jessop: little miss unsinkable
7) O’Donnell Disease and Death: scary visions
8) The shipwrecks we most want: great list though types of ships more than specific ships (I feel a post coming on)
9) Two at a time for a shilling: the eighteenth century threesome
10) Hitler’s health: who and what killed the fuhrer
11) DNA and History: Progress
And from the archives
Other links: celestial archaeology, some thoughts around black dogs, speak plainly in English, languages and digital extinction, China and Capital Punishment and Crimean military dolphins rescued by Russia!